Student Information & Resources
- Anonymous Alerts
- Community Resources
- Counseling Connections Center
- Credit By Exam (CBE)
- Night School
- Off Campus PE
- Parent Square
- Self Serve
- Texas College Board (TCB) Information
SUMMER PRIDE 2023
Come join your teammates and coaches for your sport specific training as well as strength and conditioning workouts to keep you in shape and exposed to competition throughout the summer. We encourage all athletes who want to participate in sports at RLT to keep and maintain their discipline for working out through summer break, so you can show up in August with a body already adapted and prepared. Workouts at each session will include weight lifting, agility or linear running, and sport specific training.
SUMMER SPORTS CAMP 2023
Come join your teammates and coaches for an all-team sports camp. We get so many athletes who end up playing sports as a junior or senior, but they've never been exposed to, or attempted to play prior to that! Our new team sports oriented camps are designed to get student athletes exposed to all the team sports we have to offer at Turner by crafting skills-lessons based on the fundamentals of each game, then an opportunity to play in a consequence free environment. This is meant to encourage effort and exposure to all sports.
CFBISD has established a new Counseling Center to meet the social and emotional needs of all students. Services are available to all CFBISD students and their families. Confidential sessions are offered on a short-term basis with a solution-focused approach.
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Certified School Counselors
- Master's Degree In Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
OFF CAMPUS PE
Contact: Erick Cruz
Our School is Using ParentSquare!
ParentSquare is a simple and safe way to connect and communicate.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once with a daily digest at 6pm
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage with your school community
- Direct message teachers and staff
- Participate in group messages
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences
- Sign forms & permission slips, sign up to volunteer and more all from your desktop or mobile device
If you have a student joining the RL Turner Band, please take a moment to enroll them in our “RLT Band 23-24” Canvas page. Enroll here.
On our Canvas page, you can find our band calendar with upcoming camp dates as well as our audition for fall band placements. We will be posting all pertinent information there and parentsquare, but feel free to email me if you have additional questions about HS band.
- Personal Graduation Plan Information for Parents of 8th Grade Students (English)
- Personal Graduation Plan Information for Parents of 8th Grade Students (Spanish)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Guides with information for programs in all CFBISD comprehensive high schools
PGP = Personal Graduation Plan (High School Planning)
2023-24 Dates for 8th grade students
Xello Family Trainings for parents
6:00-6:30pm in English
6:00-6:30pm in Spanish
CTE (Career & Technical Education) Preview Night
1820 Pearl St. Carrollton Building B Texas Room
Information night about the CTE and other programs offered in each of the 5 CFBISD high schools.
High School Presentations
Between 10-30-23 and 11-3-23 High School presentations – Each CFBISD high school will present their programs to all 8th grade students at each middle school during the school day.
CTE Career Cluster Survey
Opens: 11-13-23, Closes: 1-8-24 CTE Career Cluster Survey – Initial Survey for all 8th grade students to indicate their top choice of program for high school.
Information nights about programs of choice offered in high school (HS)
- 1-17-24 at 6 p.m.
ECHS Preview Night
- 1-18-24 at 6 p.m.
RHS Preview Night
- 1-22-24 at 6 p.m.
CHS Preview Night
- 1-24-24 at 6 p.m.
RLT HS Preview Night
- 1-31-24 at 6 p.m.
NSHS Preview night
Opens: 1-8-23, closes 3-1-24
PGP Completion – 8th grade students meet with the counselor to create their personal graduation plan, a 4-year high school plan that includes their selected high school, programs and courses. PGP needs parent approval.
8th Grade Field Trip
8th grade students will tour their selected high school during the school day.
CFB APPROVED SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Click my plans
- College planning
- Search local scholarships
- The Civic League Scholarship- deadline passed
- Kent Elementary Scholarship
- McCoy Elementary Scholarship-deadline passed
- Carrollton Women's club-deadline passed
- Farmers Branch Women’s club-deadline passed
- The Robert Baxter Trades work scholarship for trade education-deadline passed
- Ann Petty Scholarship- Due May 5th, 2023
- Ted Polk Alumni Scholarship
- Lion Legacy Scholarships
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES:
How to Request Copies of Your Transcript:
- Some Texas Public Universities and Colleges: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScNiC9tphTNz0h2OOs347_ncfpVCq5NrkVoLzlFdVbHbh0rMg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Free service
- Dallas College sometimes requires a paper copy. We are happy to send it via TREX, but you may find that you need a paper copy (see instructions below)
- Out of State, Private and Texas Public Universities, Colleges, and Trade School : https://www.parchment.com/order/
- can request unofficial copies (Free copy)
- receive tracking information
- make electronic payments
- fee attached
- Current students can request a copy on the clipboard found in Records.
- Any current or past student wishing to pick up a copy can:
- Photo identification is required.
- Official copies cost $5.00, a copy paid in cash.
- Unofficial copies are complimentary.
*Most requests will be ready within one full business day. Unfortunately, we cannot send transcripts over email to students; if you wish to receive a digital copy, you must go through Parchment.com.
**During Summer Hours (July 5-14), contact Maria Ramos or try Ana Mendez for assistance.